Skip to main content
- May 1: Application deadline
- June 5: Announcement of the 5 States in the AEM Cohort
- June – October: AEM Center assists each AEM State Leadership Team with (1) selecting 3 school districts to join the Leadership Team and (2) forming an AEM Interagency Collaborative of representatives from early learning, higher education, workforce development, and parent centers.
- October – December (and into January if necessary): Each AEM State Leadership Team convenes its AEM Interagency Collaborative for a one-day in-person kick-off meeting. AEM Center staff will assist with coordination and attend. A State AEM Implementation Plan is developed during the kick-off meeting.
2021 - 2024
- Each AEM State Leadership Team meets monthly for a 1-hour video conference with one or more AEM Center TA Specialists to execute the state’s AEM Implementation Plan.
- The AEM Cohort of 5 AEM States meets bi-monthly for a 1-hour video conference to exchange resources, share findings, and solve common problems. An AEM Center TA Specialist will facilitate.
- Each AEM State Interagency Collaborative stakeholder group meets quarterly with its AEM Center TA Specialist(s) for a 1 to 2-hour video conference.
- Each AEM State Leadership Team meets quarterly with its AEM Interagency Collaborative for up to 2 hours (virtually or in-person) to coordinate efforts on progress with the state’s AEM Implementation Plan. An AEM Center TA Specialist will participate upon request.
- Additional activities
- Conference presentations, such as SETDA events and the annual ATIA conference
- Webinars with AEM Center staff and other members of the AEM Cohort
- Support with the development of AEM Center resources for national dissemination
- Participation in limited project evaluation activities (e.g., surveys and interviews)
Late 2023 – Early 2024
- Each AEM State Leadership Team convenes with its AEM Interagency Collaborative for a one-day in-person meeting to develop a State AEM Sustainability Plan in preparation for the project’s conclusion in September 2024. AEM Center staff will assist with coordination and attend.